Thanks for visiting my site.
I’m a children’s picture book author and radio announcer. I used to be a video producer (a while ago). I’m also a Mum!
Sydneysiders may have heard me as the host of Hope Mornings on Hope 103.2, where I’ve recently returned from maternity leave after having my third baby (Crazy!).
I’m passionate about child welfare, good health, books, the arts, leaf tea and I love a really good cheese. (I blame my Dad for my cheese addiction). I enjoy listening to folky/bluesy/roots music and I have to get outdoors regularly for my sanity!
In 2005 I travelled to West Papua and it changed my life. Hopefully one day I’ll find a way to write about it.
I grew up in the Riverina at Darlington Point, near Griffith, but these days I live in Sydney, with my hubby and gorgeous girls. Fortunately, I’m still surrounded by rivers and bush. I’m also surrounded by a gazillion Thai restaurants, but we can’t eat at any of them because of my daughter’s peanut allergy. That’s okay because I prefer Italian.
One day I would like to live in Edinburgh, where I would drink tea, eat cheese, write a novel and walk everywhere. Come to think of it, that’s pretty much what I do now.
Awards and Shortlists… (It’s only a short list!)
- 2018 When I Was Twelve, (Unpublished manuscript) Highly Commended and Top 3 Finalist, CYA Competition Published Author Section
- 2016 Same, Shortlist, Caleb Prize, Children’s Picture Books
- 2015 Emily Eases her Wheezes, Notable Book, Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA)
- Book of the Year Awards, 2015, Eve Pownall Award for Information Books
- 2014 Lily’s Balloon, Winner, Pitching Session: Picture Books, NSW Writer’s Centre Kids & YA Festival
- 2013 Marty’s Nut-Free Party, Shortlist, Speech Pathology Book of the Year, (Primary)
- 2013 Marty’s Nut-Free Party, Finalist, Caleb Prize, Children’s Books
- 2013 In God’s Hands, Shortlist, Caleb Prize (Anthology)
- 2007 On the Beaten Track, Shortlist, New Holland NSW Writer’s Centre Genre Fiction Award