Thanks for visiting my site.
I’m a children’s picture book author and radio announcer. I used to be a video producer (a while ago). I’m also a Mum of 3!
Sydneysiders may have heard me as the host of Hope Mornings on Hope 103.2.
I’m passionate about child welfare, good health, books, the arts, leaf tea and I love a really good cheese. (I blame my Dad for my cheese addiction). I enjoy listening to folky/bluesy/roots music and I have to get outdoors regularly for my sanity!
In 2005 I travelled to West Papua and it changed my life. Hopefully one day I’ll find a way to write about it.
I grew up in the Riverina at Darlington Point, near Griffith, but these days I live in Sydney, with my hubby and gorgeous girls. Fortunately, I’m still surrounded by rivers and bush. I’m also surrounded by a gazillion Thai restaurants, but we can’t eat at any of them because of my daughter’s peanut allergy. That’s okay because I prefer Italian.
One day I would like to live in Edinburgh, where I would drink tea, eat cheese, write a novel and walk everywhere. Come to think of it, that’s pretty much what I do now.
Awards and Shortlists… (It’s only a short list!)
- 2018 Gemma gets the Jitters, Recommended Title, Australian Family Therapists Award for Children’s Literature
- 2018 Gemma gets the Jitters, Finalist, Caleb Prize, Children’s Book Section
- 2018 When I Was Twelve, (Unpublished manuscript) Highly Commended and Top 3 Finalist, CYA Competition Published Author Section
- 2016 Same, Finalist, Caleb Prize, Children’s Picture Books Section
- 2015 Emily Eases her Wheezes, Notable Book, Children’s Book Council of Australia Book of the Year Awards, Eve Pownall Award for Information Books
- 2014 Lily’s Balloon, Winner, Pitching Session: Picture Books, NSW Writer’s Centre Kids & YA Festival
- 2013 Marty’s Nut-Free Party, Shortlisted, Speech Pathology Book of the Year, Primary Section
- 2013 Marty’s Nut-Free Party, Finalist, Caleb Prize, Children’s Book Section
- 2013 In God’s Hands, Finalist, Caleb Prize (Anthology)
- 2007 On the Beaten Track, Shortlisted, New Holland NSW Writer’s Centre Genre Fiction Award